I was lucky enough to visit Paris quite recently and started writing a blog post about each day there but I was finding it quite a boring way to write about such an amazing place, so I thought why not do a ‘My Favourite Things In Paris’ blog post instead. I hope you enjoy…
- The Eiffel Tower. This seems a very obvious one but I loved it! Every time we got near it or it was in sight I couldn’t put my camera down.
- The old streets. I loved the little streets with cute bakeries and bread shops. It was very traditional and wonderful to look at. There was some beautiful detail on some of the buildings.
- The Arc de Triomphe. Even though I couldn’t take a decent polaroid up there due to the dazzling sunlight I still loved the view from the Arc de Triomphe. It was beautiful – you could see out over everything!
- I know I’ve mentioned it already but the Eiffel Tower at night! It was a completely different feel than in the day time. Everyone sat on the grass while the tower was lit up and people came and sold wine and souvenirs. Once every hour the tower sparkled with fairy lights too. There was also a band playing which added to the party atmosphere.
The patisseries. On every street, there seemed to be a beautiful, ornate patisserie. They all offered the most amazing cakes – I got a huge bubblegum meringue which was scrumptious. My Mum sampled a Parisian praline millefeuille which was also gorgeous.
- The Notre Dame. It was a marvelous Cathedral on its own little island yet in the city center. All over it had beautiful carvings of cherubs and angels. I couldn’t help but remember the story of the hunch back of Notre dame as I looked around inside and admired the stunning glass stained window.
There was so much more to see but these were the highlights of my trip. We packed as much as possible into the few days we stayed. I’d recommend doing an open top ‘hop on and off’ bus tour as we did – It was a great way to see all the sights and learn more about this amazing city.
That’s all from me xx